February 13 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Anishinaabe Cultural Programming for Youth and Community
A place for First Nation youth to learn about and preserve our history, cultural practices and language.
We will learn about:
- Our traditional governing system
- Clan System
- Traditional harvesting rights and practices
- Food sovereignty and preservation
- Singing and Dancing
- Drum Making and Rattle making
- Feasting: Our sacred items, our community and honoring our ways
- Winter Teachings: Story Telling time of year.
- Discussion and Prep for Ice Fishing Outing
For more information:
Kyle Copenace ~ Oshkaabewis/Land Based Mentor