11 Oct Customary Care Facilitator
Position: Customary Care Facilitator
Position Type: Permanent – Full-time
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Services
Location: Community/Winnipeg Office
Salary Range: In accordance with SP-5 Provincial Salary Scale
Agency Benefits: We offer a complete and comprehensive benefits package which takes effect 6 months after employment.
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services (SCFS) is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Is accountable for the development, engagement and education of the implementation of Customary Care within SCFS and its community.
- Is accountable for ensuring the identified kinship arrangements within SCFS are transitioned to the newly legislated Customary Care model.
- Ensures successful transition of existing cases, in accordance with Provincial and Community Standards.
- Provides oversight of all Customary Care files, ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the newly legislated Customary Care model.
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in Social Sciences is acceptable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct working experience in the child welfare.
- Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act, Standards and Regulations.
- Must have working knowledge of Customary Care.
- Experience in case management and planning, with children and families in child welfare.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify.
Resumes can be sent to: Human Resources Department
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line
Mail:85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 Fax: (204) 949 1669
Deadline:March 10, 2019
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.